Temporary Housing is usually reserved for emergency situations. The following links can help find information on emergency shelters.
- Metro Vancouver Shelter List (GVSS) - List of shelters in Metro Vancouver categorized by genders and ages. Updated seasonally.
- BC 211 - Shelter and Street Help Line
- The Shelter and Street Help Line calls Lower Mainland shelters twice per day, and publishes the Shelter List, which details available shelter beds and mats for women, men, youth and families. Updated daily- dial or text 2-1-1.
- Understanding Metro Vancouver Shelter System - basic outline for service providers and community members about common terms when navigating the shelter system
- BC Housing - Emergency Shelters - A list of shelters and drop-ins which receive funding from the Emergency Shelter Program alphabetized by communities in BC.